28 February 2013

Triple Choc Rice Pudding


Rice pudding is one of the easiest sweets around : very few ingredients and no effort preparation for a very sweet and traditional dessert.  I wanted to jazz up my usual recipe by adding chocolate to it and although I am still slightly startled when I look at the finished result (because my rice pudding have always been whitish up to now), it has defininetely a great taste.

Ingredients for 4 to 6 servings :

* 75 g of chocolate chips (I mixed white, milk and dark chocolate chips)
* 85 g of short grain rice
* 50 g of demerera sugar
* 1 vanilla pod
* 75 cl of cold milk


Preparation :

Add the rice, sugar, chocolates and milk in a pan.

Slice the vanilla pod lengthwise and add the pieces to the other ingredients.

Bring the liquid near boiling point, before reducing the heat and letting everything cook for 40 minutes on medium heat. Stir frequently.

After the 40 minutes, remove the vanilla pod from the liquid and pour the rice pudding in 4 to 6 ramekins and let it cool.

Enjoy.




0 comments:

Post a Comment